Thursday, August 30, 2012

15 Month Appointment

We had Evelyn's 15 months appointment last week, but I forgot to post her stats. 

Weight: 16 pounds, 11 ounces (3 ounces since 12 months) - not on the chart anymore 
Length: 27.5 inches (1 1/2 inches since 12 months) - back on the chart!, 1st percentile
Head Circumference: 45.5 cm (1/2 cm since 12 months) - 39th percentile


Her pediatrician is still concerned with her lack of weight gain. She has only gained about a pound since she was 9 months old.  I'm still not worried about it - she acts happy and healthy and is hitting all of her milestones.  I do get sick of hearing everyone comment on how small she is.  Yes, she's 15 months old, I'm sure.  No, I'm not starving my baby.  Yes, she's sure tiny.  Ugh.  I would like to get my hands on some older growth charts - from like 25-30 years ago, before obesity became commonplace in our country.  I read an article the other day that said the average 5 year old is 7 pounds heavier today than 20 years ago.  That's crazy!  When I look at the WHO (World Health Organization) charts instead of the CDC (United States) ones, she's totally on the charts.  Granted, still flatlining a little, but staying around the same percentiles.  I think we just have an active little one (I would sure love her metabolism!) who burns off everything we feed her.  She also chows down on vegetables, she loves them.  And frankly, I'd rather her be cramming down the green beans! 

Head circumference curve
 Height curve (she was pleased with this growth - so that's good!)
 Weight curve - or flat line in Evelyn's case

No comments:

Post a Comment