Friday, June 27, 2008
Monday, June 23, 2008
The Prayer Requests...
- Dan's job search - he has some very promising leads, two at TAMUK where I will be working! One of these is in the athletic department, and looks to be a good fit for him. We are waiting for the position to officially post, but my (Stacey) department chair has put him in contact with the Athletic Director pre-posting. Universities are often good about hiring spouses when they can, so we are hopeful that this will work out! He also has applied for positions at TAMU-Corpus Christi (ah - the rival school!) in their athletic department, and at various philanthropic agencies in the Corpus Christi area (American Heart Association, American Cancer Society, etc.). Pray that the details of his job will be revealed to us soon! We know that God has it all worked out, and are eager to see what His plan is! :-)
- Texas house - we had most of our inspections done last week, and will finish up today with the plumbing. Everything looks to be in really good shape, so we are thankful that the house is "healthy"! The only thing remaining at this point is the appraisal for our lender - this should be happening in the next week or so. Pray that it goes well!
- Indiana house - the buyers will likely be doing their inspections this week or next. Pray that these inspections go well, and that there will be no major defects on the house! Pray also that everything will progress smoothly with their financing. This house will also be appraised shortly, please pray that it will appraise for the price the buyers have offered us! We have made many updates to the house, and are fairly confident it will be fine!
Again - thanks so much for your prayers and support!!
We are so thankful that we serve a MIGHTY GOD!!
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Some new news, and updates on some old news...and most importantly - ways that you can be praying for us!
- We are officially under contract on our new house in Corpus Christi! We'll be doing inspections (well, we won't - but the professionals will be!) on the home this week. Please pray that these will go well and that we will select the right inspectors for the job!! Our agent is going to be at the house for all of these for us - we are so blessed to have her helping us through this process!
- We have our first showing on our Indiana house tomorrow (Monday)!! It will be between 11am-12pm (EST) - so you can be praying for that! We know that God is bringing everything together in His time - and just have to remind our fleshly worries that HE IS ON THE THRONE and IN CONTROL!!!
- We received some good news this week regarding our home loan. It looks like we will be able to work with my (Stacey) hometown bank - and that the loan will NOT be contingent upon the sale of our Indiana home! Praise God! Of course, we are still praying for the sale of our home here in the hopes of avoiding the financial burden of paying 2 mortgages/home insurances/utilities/etc.
- Dan is still looking for jobs in Corpus Christi - he has applied for various philanthropic, event coordinator, and athletic positions. We appreciate your continued prayer for him to find a job so he doesn't have to be a cabana boy in chapps (please...pray! :-)).
- One last prayer request - please be praying for us to quickly find a new church home in Corpus Christi. We have done some searching online and found some nearby churches when we were out there - but ultimately we want to be where God wants us and where we will be most effective for His Kingdom! So your prayers for us to be lead by the Spirit in this (and all!) avenues of our move are greatly appreciated!
We'll be sure to update you on any new developments - we really appreciate your prayers and support during this relocation!