Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Daddy Daycare - Day 2

Dan had a second day home with Evelyn on Tuesday.  Once again, they had a full day of fun - but this time they stayed around the house.  Here are today's pictures with Daddy's commentary...
Hey Dad, how does Mom hold her bag?  Is it under the chin like this?
 Or like this?
 Or maybe this?
She's definitely in the "mimic" stage and wants to do E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. that we are doing.  I've caught her trying to put her shirt on (aka, put something out of our dirty clothes hamper on...) as I am dressing in the mornings.  It's a fun stage!
What is this wet stuff that keeps falling on me?
 It's dark out here, too.  Feels like night-night time.
We had kind of a dreary, rainy day here in Corpus.  Dan realized that Evelyn has never really felt rain before (at least while she's been old enough to sort of comprehend it), so he took her out to feel the sprinkles.
My flower broke and now I'm trying to fix it.
This flower is actually from Mike (Dan's brother) and Kendra's wedding a few years ago (today, actually - Happy Anniversary you guys!).  I had it thrown into a drawer of our china hutch that has become Evelyn's play drawer - I've put things that she can get into in that drawer and so far it's kept her out of the cabinets that we can't lock with the real china in it.  So far.  Anyway, she loves this flower...carries it around with her, plays with it, hits you in the face with it.  It's all fun and games until, well, you know.
We just finished a video chat with cousin Micah, Uncle Mike, and Aunt Kendra!
Micah is getting so big!  I don't think I'll be able to take his toys from him the next time I visit him.
 I wanted to type them a message, but Daddy says I turn off the video chat when I do that.
Micah and Evelyn are almost exactly 5 months apart.  It's definitely going to be fun watching them grow up together!

On Wednesday nights we usually go to the chiropractor (hooray for regular adjustments!) and then go out to eat to make it easier for dinner.  Because our chiropractor closes at 6:00, Dan usually has to leave work a few minutes early to get home to pick us up and get us to his offer before they close.  We decided this week to go on Tuesday so Dan wouldn't have to leave work early the day after he took two sick days.  We went to our favorite sushi place here in Corpus for dinner (they have half price rolls on Tuesday nights!) - and Evelyn tried her first egg roll.  She loved it!  She wasn't a fan of the seaweed on the sushi, though (don't worry - she only got cucumbers and avocados, no raw fish!).
It's back to work tomorrow for Daddy.  My July class is online for the rest of this week.  I'm excited to be back home with my little moose!

No comments:

Post a Comment