Sunday, May 20, 2012

Grammie & Grandad's Visit

We got home from Indiana on Wednesday, and Grammie & Grandad flew in on Thursday.  Their trip was a little more rushed and stressful than I planned it to be because we were running around trying to finish up everything for her party on Saturday.  Despite the running around, Evelyn had a blast playing with them.
Hello? Is Heidi there?
Eating banana bread with Grandad
Grandad lets me eat the crumbs
Helping Grandad put my play place together
I want to climb this slide
She immediately tried to bear walk up this...fortunately Grandad was close by to help!
Crawling around with Grandad
My footie pajamas get in the way of playing - so Grandad helped me tie them up
We always eat well (and way too much!) when my Mom and Dad are here.  We took them to a yummy seafood place down on the bay in Corpus - but had a bit of a wait being Friday night and the night before a major race here.  We ended up feeding Evelyn outside while we were waiting - which meant Grammie held her (mandarin orange juice on the arms, green beans in her lap, it's all good!).  I found these wonderful "cookies" - that sort of taste like chocolate (especially if you don't know what you are missing out on), but are actually not too terrible for her.  She loves them.
My Dad was like a kid in a candy shop at this restaurant.  Being in Colorado, they don't have much fresh seafood, so he loved this!  We had some shrimp something, sushi, salads, fresh grilled fish, and spinach artichoke dip and steak for Mom!
It was also my first oyster experience - tasty!
On their last morning here, Mom and I had waffles with strawberries and whipped cream for breakfast.  Evelyn begged and got her way with Grammie.
Crawling to find Grammie
Grammie, I thought that bite was mine!
Mom and Dad - one of these days we're going to do NOTHING when you come!  :-)  Thanks for everything...helping me shop, decorate, set up, put in new motion sensor lights, watch Evelyn, love on Evelyn, and love on us.  90210 - I learned it from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment