Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas in Colorado: SNOW!!!!!

SNOW - GLORIOUS SNOW!!!!!  On our second day in Wray, we got a good old fashioned Colorado blizzard  It was spectacular.  It started snowing around 9am, and really started coming down while we were at lunch with my family.  As we were driving home from there, we could barely see well enough to drive.  They called a snow day at the schools, which meant Evelyn's cousins would be home for the afternoon, too.  The snow was so bad that some of the school buses turned around and came back to the school because the drivers didn't feel it was safe enough to bus the out of town kids home.
I snapped this outside my Mom and Dad's house as we got back from lunch.
I think we ended up with like 7 inches of snow.  It was so awesome.  I loved every second of it.  My Dad says it's because I didn't have to be outside scooping it, but Dan said he even enjoyed shoveling this time!
Pretty Christmas lights in snow...swoon.
The next day, in true Colorado fashion, it was sunny but still cold enough to keep the snow around!  The kids got another snow day from school, so we bundled them all up to head outside and play.  It was SO MUCH FUN watching Evelyn play in the snow for the first time in her life!

She loved it - she was laughing and squealing the whole time!
Her first snow angel
Dan dug a hole to put her in...she was throwing snow and laughing the whole time - it was hilarious!
This picture pretty much says it all!
Cousins!
(wish you guys were here, too, Buxmans)
All the girl cousins!
And a short video of the squealer...
After watching her have so much fun, I love snow even more.  I loved every minute of it!

1 comment:

  1. Fun, fun, fun!!! Love it! (P.S. Angie's kiddos are adorable and growing like weeds!)

    ReplyDelete