When you first walk in, they ask you to fill out a paper indicating the ailment you are seeking healing from. After filling that out, they place the paper in a closed folder and take it to the prayer team who will be praying for you. The team does not see what you wrote until after they have started praying for you. Right off the bat, we knew the Holy Spirit was working because they knew our prayer centered around Evelyn and growth. We shared her diagnosis with them and they prayed some more. We received such a sweet kiss from God this day as this team ministered to us through intercessory prayer. There were several things that came out of the short time we spent with them:
- That her healing and growth would happen nearly overnight
- That we were not to worry about the financial component (this was spoken over Dan)
- That the peace of Christ would be imparted on us and stress would be released
- Wisdom for the physicians
- That the long-suffering we have recently dealt with will cause Him to move swiftly (this was spoken over me)
- That whatever is blocking her pituitary glad would be lifted
- That Dan and I would experience a healing in our bodies from the physical manifestation of stress that we feel
- A promise that what the thief has stolen from us would be returned to us 7 times
The gentleman praying with us also said as he was praying, he felt the Lord wanted us to realize that in declaring her to be healed, the Kingdom is already moved into action. This reminds me of Daniel (Daniel 10) when the man in his vision expresses that the archangel Michael had to work through 21 days of resistance to come to Daniel's aid. Daniel 10:12 says that since the first day that Daniel prayed, God responded...even though it was weeks before Daniel saw that response. I want to keep at the forefront of my mind that God has already acted on Evelyn's behalf - let us not grow weary in praying for the tangible manifestation of that response!
It was such a great morning - confirming our desire that Evelyn be healed, and confirming that God's desire is to heal her completely. I want Him to be the first place that we turn. We'll continue on with the therapy, but are anxiously awaiting the day when her doctor says, "I can't explain it, but she doesn't need this anymore!"