Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Biophysical Profile #2

We had our second weekly test today, and she is still doing well.  She has slowed down her growing a little, which is good news that likely means my gestational diabetes is being better controlled (I go into my endocrinologist again on Monday).  This week she scored 8/8 again on the biophysical profile, so she's doing great! It was also a measuring week.  For those of you keeping track (because I'm sure you all are), here's where she's at now/over the past month:

At 31 weeks - measured 35.5 weeks, 5 pounds, 8 ounces
At 33 weeks - measured 37 weeks, 6 pounds, 5 ounces
At 35 weeks today - measured 38 weeks, 7 pounds

According to the baby books, she should be around 6 to 6.5 pounds right now, so this was good news to my not wanting to have a cesarean heart!

We'll be back next week for another biophysical profile, and they will measure again in 2 weeks.  My OB is on vacation until June 24th, so baby girl needs to stay nice and cozy until then.  I fly to New Orleans to present at a conference tomorrow (P, one of these years we need to coordinate a reunion of the Triple ASP Board and get you there, too...Julie and Megan will be there this week!).  I'm a little bit nervous, but I think a lot of it is not wanting to be away from Evelyn for 3 days so close to D-day.  My goal has been to have everything ready before this trip, so I could just relax for a couple of weeks...I think we're about there!

1 comment: