Saturday, September 13, 2014

Let's Pretend it's Fall...

This week was our first, sort of, taste of fall weather.  Or...when you live on the equator, it's the week that you drop below 100* for the first time so you start thinking about pulling out the sweaters, scarves, and boots.  Today was our first cold front of the year, so it was pretty rainy (still in the 80s, but 80s feels amazing after 100+ for 6 months!). 

I had a half day at the spa that Dan and the girls gave me for my birthday this morning.  I had a salt bath, a two-person massage (which was, by far, my favorite!), lunch, a facial, and a manicure/pedicure.  I'll be honest, by the end of it I was done.  I think I'm just too much of a personal space observer that I didn't like people touching me for that long!  I'm weird, I know.  If I were to do it again, I'd do that four-handed massage and a mani/pedi and call it a day!  It was very relaxing, though!

I had started chili in the crock pot for dinner (because we are celebrating the possibility of fall), so when I got back Evelyn and I made some cinnamon rolls to go with our chili that night.  It's fun to have her at the age where she can help and really help (instead of make a major mess!).  It was especially fun for me because the recipe I use is my Grammie's, who Evelyn is named after.  Wish my Mom could have been here with us!
She learned Grammie Pete's secret - lots of butter!
(I didn't say these were healthy...)
Add in lots of cinnamon and some sugar...

Definitely one of those Mom memories you hang on to!  Thanks, Dan, for the spa day - Mommy enjoyed being pampered all morning while you wrestled the kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment