Saturday, October 20, 2012

Father-Daughter Dance

Our church hosted a Father-Daughter dance tonight.  Dan has been looking forward to this night since they announced it two months ago.  We made a big deal about it - I picked out a dress for Evelyn and we hid it from Daddy until the big night.
Evelyn even let me paint her fingernails and toenails for the first time!
I made a corsage for her to wear (Daddy had a matching boutineer to match!).
Here she is right before Daddy got to see her!
Getting ready to head out!
Some pictures before the dance!
 
This was her face when she saw the tiara and jewelry that Dan bought for her!



Daddy and his princess!
Telling Mommy bye-bye!
I may or may not have taken about 100 pictures...yikes.
They had a date for dinner first - mac & cheese at McAllister's!
Dan said it was cute - it was like she knew she had a pretty dress on because she was extra careful eating, taking care not to spill anything (which is NOT normal for her!)
At the ball...


It was so great seeing all of the parents posting pictures of what the Dad's were doing for their little girls.  I loved seeing this next generation of girls be shown what a real date looks like and how special they are in the eyes of their fathers.  My prayer is that each of them will know very early how precious they are to their heavenly Father whose desire is for them.  Thank you to everyone who helped to put this event together - it was amazing!

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful! I love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Om my gosh! This is so adorable! Melted my heart.

    ReplyDelete