Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Dripping Ceiling

On Tuesday morning, I was dutifully doing my civic duty by serving jury duty when our nanny texted to tell me our downstairs ceiling was leaking.  Lovely.  Not what you want to hear when there is supposed to be a few stormy days coming.  Fortunately Dan called our handy man (a guy from our church) to come take a look.  Apparently we had a leaking pipe underneath our upstairs toilet that was dripping through the downstairs ceiling.
The new hole in our ceiling
 There's a bucket in that box...the box was to keep Evelyn out of the bucket!
 We had to shove all of our furniture over to the side of the living room to keep it from getting leaked on/destroyed while they were cutting, fixing, texturing, and painting the ceiling.
 The hole in our downstairs ceiling turned into a hole behind our toilet as they were troubleshooting...
 This was the point that I decided we were going to re-paint the upstairs bathroom once we knew if #2 was a boy or girl!
 And another hole in our guest bedroom closet...it's probably going to be a few weeks before I put this all back (and it will probably help get ready for the baby, as well!)
Oh, and did I mention that I have walking pneumonia and a sinus infection in the midst of this?  Fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment