Thursday, January 5, 2012

Too Fast, Baby Girl...

While I pretty much hate working now that Evelyn has popped into our lives (anyone know of a 100% online teaching job in sport psychology? Anyone?  Me either), one of the best things about my job is that I do get to stay at home on Fridays with her, as well as all of the normal academic breaks.  So while Dan had to head back to work this week, Evelyn and I have another couple of weeks at home before I have to go back.  I'll have her nanny come for a day here and there so that I can be sure to have everything ready for the spring semester, but for the most part will be home until the 17th.  

Yesterday I was working on some of that spring semester preparation, so I put Evelyn in her exersaucer to play beside me while I worked.  Over the past few days, we have been over annunciating "ba" sounds to her.  She's been a "talker" for weeks, but hasn't really started to do single syllables or string anything together yet.  Yesterday morning, while changing her, I was doing it again and she started to mimic me a little - opening and closing her mouth as I did mine.  Then out of the blue a few hours later...this happened...
I'm so glad I had my phone handy to record it...but wait, you aren't supposed to be this big yet!!!

The next day I was getting ready to take a shower and put Evelyn on the floor to play with some toys.  I've had to start closing our bathroom door while I shower because she's rolling all over the place and rolled out into our bedroom last week!  While I was brushing my teeth, she started doing this...
I thought it was cute, her pressing her squishy little cheek up against the bathtub...and thought maybe she liked the cold feeling....until she started doing this...
The picture doesn't show it all to well, but she was trying to pull herself up on the side of the bathtub.  Woah, woah, woah, baby girl, you really aren't supposed to be this big yet!!  She didn't get much more than an inch or two off the ground this go around, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.  Sigh...I guess we better get to work on that baby-proofing of the house!

1 comment:

  1. Those firstborns are independent! I can't wait to get my hands on her in a few days...I will switch you - you can have two crazy boys and I will take a sweet little girl who doesn't move much yet - if even just for a few minutes :) See you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete