Thursday, January 6, 2011

20 Weeks: The Halfway Point

Today we hit 20 weeks!  I can't believe this is the halfway point, I feel like it was just a few weeks ago that I peed on that little stick that changed our lives forever!  I am definitely feeling, and apparently looking, more pregnant.  Not that the first 13 weeks of morning sickness and crazy pregnancy symptoms didn't make me feel pregnant.  I mean the, "OK - my belly button is now inside out," and "I can't squeeze through that space anymore" kind of I feel pregnant.  I just told Dan when he took this 20 weeks belly shot, "holy cripes, I'm getting big!"

I guess this may be why people I don't know can feel comfortable with asking, "when are you due?"  I have apparently passed the is she pregnant or just a little fluffier than normal point.

I am beginning to understand those women who love being pregnant.  This second trimester business is MUCH better than the first!  The only real negative symptom I am dealing with is siatic pain.  I have been seeing a chiropractor, which is starting to help, along with doing a number of stretches.  I am really hoping to be able to start walking/swimming in the next couple of weeks if this keeps helping.  I think one of the hardest things for me has been not being able to work out at all because I'll get shooting pains up my back!

I have definitely felt the baby moving on a much more regular basis over the past few days.  From about 2 weeks before Christmas until last week, it was here and there every day or two (or four).  But lately, it's multiple times a day and for extended periods of time.  The baby's location of choice lately has been tap dancing on my bladder...can't wait for that to continue for the next 4 1/2 months!  We are so excited to find out on WEDNESDAY what we are having!!  This Mommy needs to start planning a nursery! :-)

2 comments: