Monday, October 18, 2010

A Tale of Two Doctors

It has been a little bit of a crazy couple of weeks!  Back in July, I met with a doctor for "pre-conception counseling", basically just to be sure that everything was OK for us to start trying after the ectopic last year.  She seemed nice, and very knowledgeable, and instructed me to contact her office as soon as I had a positive home pregnancy test.  I did, and they scheduled the ultrasound for October 1st.  I was under the impression that we would be meeting with the doctor after the ultrasound appointment.  However, she never called to verify that everything was fine with the ultrasound, and when I called to find out when I was supposed to come in I started to get very unsettled about my choice for a doctor. I called on Monday, and was told that they would call me back to schedule an appointment.  They didn't call.  So I called again on Tuesday and was told the same thing...again on Wednesday...again on Thursday.  They finally called back on Friday and scheduled me for my first prenatal appointment on November 1st - when I will be 11 weeks!  Not the most comforting information for this first time Mommy!  I have a number of girlfriends from church who all have the same doctor and highly recommended her.  So I finally decided to call and make an appointment with her only to find out that in Texas, you can not begin medical care with a second physician once you have started care with another until your records are transferred.  The poor receptionist got me blubbering into the phone asking what I should do.  Thank goodness she understands hormonal pregnant talk, because she was able to kindly walk me through what needed to happen.  The first doctor got my records sent over the next day (a Friday), and today (Monday) the second doctor's staff was calling to schedule me an appointment as soon as possible!  So I go in on Wednesday for my first prenatal!!  Dan isn't planning to come to this one with me since it will likely be a bunch of lab work and exams that he would rather not experience! :-)  I have such a peace about this move!  

No comments:

Post a Comment