Wednesday, October 20, 2010

First Prenatal Appointment

Today was my first prenatal appointment with Dr. Nowitzky.  Dan thinks she's the best doctor ever because her last name is Nowitzky...even if it IS spelled differently than Dirk Nowitzki, he's convinced they are long lost siblings.  I won't mention that she is short and dark haired, as opposed to Dirk's height and blonde hair.  


Anyway - I assumed that this appointment would just be a bunch of labs, blood work, and the fun "female" exams.  So Dan decided that he wouldn't take off work for this one, and save up his time off for important trips like the holidays and babies being born!  I was so relieved when I met her, because she is awesome.  She walked in and the first thing she asked was, "What questions do you have?"  It was so comforting to know that she was more concerned that I was comfortable than doing what she needed to do.  Doctor #1 apparently did not send over my ultrasound from 6 weeks, so because of my previous ectopic history, she ordered another ultrasound so that she would have the evidence that all was well in my file.  I was so excited to see the baby again, but so bummed because Dan wasn't there :-(.


This is Baby Gaines at 9 weeks.

The picture didn't turn out as clear on this scan, but the baby is alive and well!  It was so surreal to see him/her moving his/her little arms and legs around and flexing his/her back, almost rocking back and forth.  I still wonder if I dreamed it sometimes!  The ultrasound tech said it was a very active baby! :-)


I'm still measuring spot on for a May 26th due date.  Everything from the appointment was very positive.  I LOVE Dr. Nowitzky and everything looks good!

No comments:

Post a Comment