Tuesday, September 27, 2011

4 Months Appointment

Evelyn had her 4 months appointment today - it was a couple of weeks late...between her pediatrician being gone and me having a Board meeting for one of the professional organizations I am in, we were a little late in getting this one scheduled.  Her pediatrician said everything looks great - Evelyn was in a great mood, so Dr. Perez kept commenting on how happy she was.  I told her we call Evelyn 0-60 because she can go from being completely content, happy, and smiling to screaming in about .25 seconds.  Fortunately, she can also go the reverse in about the same amount of time! :-)

Her 4 month statistics:
Weight: 12 pounds, 9 ounces (2 pounds, 8 ounces since 2 months) - 20th percentile
Length: 23 inches (2 inches since 2 months) - 7th percentile
Head Circumference: 41.25 cm (2.25cm since 2 months) - 50th percentile

She's still tiny...but Dr. Perez thinks she is gaining steadily, so she is probably just going to be more petite.  I've been breast feeding exclusively to this point, but I think my milk is starting to not keep up with her.  I'm praying for it to start producing more, but we may have to start supplementing formula with the breast milk if things don't change.  (Something I really really don't want to do...so you can join us in praying that my body will do what it's designed to do!)

She also sat up by herself for the first time tonight!
And this is what happens when Mommy and Daddy leave me by myself for too long...
It's all fun and games until some one does a face plant!
(apparently I've learned from my - Stacey's - Dad to shoot pictures when your kid face plants instead of helping out...)

No comments:

Post a Comment