Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Sweetest Words Known to Man...

I HAVE A DEFENSE DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

The end of my graduate career is in sight!  I have scheduled my dissertation defense for April 9th at 10:00am.  For those unfamiliar with the process, it's a 2 hour meeting where I present my dissertation study for about 20 minutes, then the remainder of the time is spent with my committee members questioning me about my study.  Can't wait - really - it's gonna be great! (enter sarcasm...)

I wanted to thank all of you for your prayers and support thus far in the race - and give you some specific ways to pray over the coming weeks:


  1. Diligence in working!  I need to really get my head back into this dissertation to finish out strong.  I have mostly only worked on this over the weekends for the past two years, but I need to be in it daily as I prepare for the final meeting.  Laura Hackett's song, "I Put on Christ" has been my "dissertation song" since I first heard it a couple of onethings ago.  I feel the battle raging around me in this respect the most. I will sit down to work and be distracted by many things...my spirit is willing, but my flesh is so tempted!  I want to put on Christ, making no provision for my flesh, and finish this battle strongly and victoriously!
  2. This week is my Spring Break - during which I will be working on this.  Linked with the first request, I would like to have my written revisions done for my advisor by Tuesday, so that I can focus the rest of the week on pulling my presentation together while I am not on campus working. Pray for clarity of thought and revelation of logic as I write and revise.
  3. Also linked with number 1, because I know that the battle is raging, I need truth to combat the enemy's lies.  Whether they be distractions from working, or lies of my ability to be able to do this.  I have asked God to give me a specific Word of truth every day from now until my defense, be that a scripture from my own Bible study, or something in a sermon, or a verse/thought sent form friends and family.  There's 27 days between now and my defense, so I am believing God to give me 27 truths specific to this battle in my life!!  If you come across something that you feel lead to share - please do!
  4. Pray as I prepare for my defense meeting that God will prepare me for the questions I will be asked.  That He will lead me to re-read studies that will help me answer, and bring to mind these studies as I defend.
  5. Pray for my committee members.  None of them know Jesus - and I pray that they will see Jesus in me during these final weeks that I will be in contact with them.
Feel free to forward these requests along to any of your own prayer circles/small groups!

Thanks always for your prayers and support - they mean so much to me!!!

Jesus make me Yours!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment