Tuesday, November 23, 2010

13 Weeks and no Avocados

I am now finally beginning to understand those women who say they "love pregnancy, it's a blast, I'd love to be pregnant again!"  I must admit, in the first 12 weeks, I equated pregnancy with death because that's what I felt like.  I thought it was so ironic that bringing new life into the world could make you feel like death!  Ahhhh...hello second trimester.  I can handle you!  In the last couple of weeks I feel like I entered pregnancy heaven - no more morning sickness/nausea, I'm getting my energy back, and finally feel like eating again.

I still have some weird food aversions - like avocados.  I love avocados, in guacamole, on salads, on hamburgers, just plain out of the skin!  But the baby does not like avocados.  I have a favorite sandwich at a little shop just off campus in Kingsville (shout out to Young's) - it's called the avocado.  It's a little piece of heaven - avocado, tomato, and mayo on a nice toasted bun - delightful.  At work, we are interviewing for two new faculty positions and we always take candidates to Young's for lunch.  Well, day one (of five), I ordered my trusty avocado sandwich only to be told by the baby (ever so indirectly) that he/she does not like avocados.  Interesting.  How could this baby be so against something his/her mommy loves so much?  Perhaps a lesson that will be 18+ years in the making...

Dan's favorite pregnancy symptom is my "bloodhound sense of smell."  He hasn't had the pleasure of heading out for ice cream and pickles (yet), but he does get to deal with me yelling, "Baby - come get this!" while running out of the kitchen plugging my nose and trying desperately not to vomit.  The culprit - our trash (and sometimes our dishwasher - that has decided if it doesn't run every other night it likes to smell).  So just about every other morning, Dan gets to sweep in and save the day.  He's now starting to empty the trash about every night, probably to eliminate the possible drama in the morning.  I like to keep him on his toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment