Wednesday, May 28, 2008

1 Day, 4 Hours of Sleep, and 18 Houses Later...

We finally made it to Corpus Christi this morning!!! We should have been here yesterday evening, but weather in Dallas caused us to spend 8 hours in Denver before making a flight to Dallas. We had the most comfortable bed ever (highly recommend the Sleep Number) - but only got to spend about 4 hours in it because we had to be at the airport by 6am.

So we arrived in Corpus Christi (after another delay!) around 9:30 this morning and promptly met with our realtor down here. She is a HUGE blessing from God - very efficient, organized, and a Christian herself. It was just a little hug from Him that He would orchestrate that she be our realtor!

Here are some highlights of the day:
  • I nearly knocked myself out with a shelf that was sticking out of a wall...where, because I hit my head on it, I knocked off some figurines and proceeded to break the head off a doll and a Panama something-or-other. As we toured that house, I saw about 3 million similar figurines so I didn't feel as bad - and the nice man who owned the house didn't seem to mind.
  • Dan and I were both highly disappointed in our top choices (as we looked through the listings online before arriving). Mine was a trash-hole - and the people who lived there were still home when we arrived...so as we walked upstairs to look at the bedrooms - Dan walked in on some guy lounging on his bed. Fabulous. Needless to say, we didn't get the full tour of that house, we were happy to leave as we saw 30 years worth of cobwebs hanging from the ceilings! Dan's favorite was a little better - but a classic example of an agent taking some really good pictures of a not so really good house.
  • We saw pink countertops, pink tile in the bathroom, carpet that I swear was from my Mom and Dad's living room - 2 carpets ago...and smelled some things I hope to never smell again!

All in all though - we did have about 10 homes that were "livable" (ironically, neither of our internet favorites made that cut!) - and both of our top 2 were the same homes. Unfortunately, my favorite wasn't Dan's favorite - rats! So we spent the evening praying about it, and decided to see what the commute from each house was to Kingsville (where I will work).

Had dinner at Joe Cotten's - a legendary BBQ joint just outside of Corpus Christi...you can bet that we'll be taking you there if you come to visit - very yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment